Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I started making hair doo-dads/jewelry and feathers are my favorite ingredient but I can't find good ones anywhere (except online but shipping is always too expensive). So, I saw a craft store in Central Sq yesterday and went in to see if they had any but they were out. But wait, they did have a few of their authentic dead birds left. I thought the girl was kidding or that they were somehow fake with synthetic feathers or something but they were super real. So, I bought one (only $9!)

By the time I got it home, I realized that depluming a dead, chemically treated bird was not as easy as I had imagined. We managed to get most of the feathers off, couldn't bother with the head/neck, and threw the carcass away before the cats could get to it. here is some of the stuff I've been making:

hair clips

head band
p.s. does anyone know what kind of bird that is?

1 comment:

Have Mercys said...

a fucking broke ass dead ass one, that's what.